Tuesday, July 24, 2012

And my travels continue...

Upon returning to the US, I assumed my travels would end.  That I would be in the same town or State (apart from moving to or from my hometown, to where I go to college, a move I now consider more businessy or regular rather than "fun" traveling).  However, after being home for just under two weeks, I find myself on the move again.  I am going to the Midwest, first to visit a friend, and then to see some family.  After that, I return back to my hometown for a few days, and then I am off to move in to my new apartment, and to prepare for the new Autumn semester.  I'm not sure what, if any traveling I will do after that, but this little trip reminds me that traveling doesn't end here.  (Which is very similar to something a good friend reminded me of on my last post - that goodbyes aren't forever. <3 )  I have so much left of the world to explore, let alone my own country, of which I feel I've hardly seen anything (well, not hardly seen anything...but there are definitely a lot of places in the US I have yet to go).  And while I may not have the money or time to travel once this last summer holiday comes to a close, I hope that my travels won't end here, and that I can keep traveling, and hopefully keep using this blog to share my experiences.

I may also use this blog to discuss and contemplate culture shock, and how it is to be back home in a familiar country that has now become unfamiliar.  Or I may use this blog...as, again, who knows.  I'm not sure what this blog will turn into after I finish posting about my Euro-trip, and my short trip to the Midwest (these are coming soon, I promise!  Hopefully within a week or so!), but that's the adventure I guess.

After all, as my favourite author wrote:

"A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike.  And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless.  We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us." 
-- John Steinbeck

And so, in the spirit of Steinbeck, although I will do my best to plan out all future trips, as well as my future life after University (which may be coming very soon!) I will have to let life take me and, (although I will definitely fight for what I want along the way), see where I am taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment