Goals for Going Abroad
1. Go to: Italy, Norway, Scotland, Germany, Ireland, & Spain. (I want to go to more countries than this, but these are the countries I really want to make sure I visit!)
2. Go to Shakespeare & Company bookstore in Paris and (obviously) buy a book there :)
3. Go to Disneyland Paris!!!
4. Go to the Alhambra in Spain. It's a really beautiful palace that was built on a budget, but it's gorgeous, and I'd love to go and see it in person :)
5. Try a new food once a month, starting with Fish & Chips! (Well, okay, I've had Fish & Chips before, but what I've had here in the U.S. will definitely not be as good as the real thing.)
6. Try to do something new once a month - whether going somewhere new, trying something new, etc. I know this is kind of vague, but I want to see what my opportunities are once I get there.
7. Write (creatively) 4 days a week.
8. Take a photo at least once every week/make an effort to spend one day every week or two taking pictures.
9. Buy fashion/sewing magazines for mi hermana. She has been kind enough to start on making me a really nice, high quality jacket for my time in England (I'll post pictures here or a link to her sewing blog once it is done!). As a way of paying her back, we agreed I would buy her foreign sewing magazines, like Knipmode and Burda.
10. Buy cute underwear & bras in Europe! - They are probably better quality/structure than what we have in the U.S. anyway.
11. Join at least 1 club on campus.
12. Look for volunteer/internship opportunities while in England.
13. Make a travel blog (done) and continue to update it.
14. Try to see the Lady Macbeth beatle dress:
|Worn by Ellen Terry in 1888|
|Made of 1,000 beatle wings - don't worry, the beatles naturally shed their wings :)|
15. See a show at the Globe Theater!
16. Visit a lot of art galleries while in Europe. I don't want to do this on overkill, but I'd love to take advantage of the historical art Europe has to offer :)
17. Watch "The Hour"...no idea what it is about, but it's supposed to be really good.
18. Send lots of postcards to my friends and family!
19. Experience a haunting! Don't laugh (too much)...I'm actually a huge fan of SciFi channel's Ghost Hunter's and Ghost Hunter's International, and I'd think it'd be interesting to experience a ghost haunting/the paranormal. (This goal kind of falls under the unrealistic category though, haha.)
20. Make-out with Matt Smith of "Dr. Who". When I told my friend and "roommate-for-life" Maggie that Matt Smith is an alum of the University I'm going to, she requested that I make out with him. While I realize this is probably the most unrealistic goal on this list (that even my chance of seeing him in person is slim-to-none), I figured I'd add it anyway, just for fun. I'd also like to take this time to say that I personally prefer David Tennant, but I'd have no complaints or objections about snogging Matt Smith either ;)
|Matt Smith from "Dr. Who"|