Friday, October 14, 2011

Norwich Cathedral

So, Norwich has two cathedrals in the city.  One is smaller and newer (built in the 1800/1900s?) but the other one is older (1096 is when the foundation stone was laid out).  I went on a tour of the Norwich Cathedral on the 4th of October and it was absolutely breath taking!  I am not a religious person by any means, but the arhitecture was gorgeous, and all the history that had passed through its walls was well worth learning about on the 1hour+ tour.  I cannot recount the history acurately of the church, but if you go to their website, they have a timeline you can scroll through if anyone is interested:

http://www.cathedral.org.uk/historyheritage/timeline-timeline.aspx

I thought I would, yet again, show off the cathedral with some of the photos I took.  Hope you enjoy :)

Entrance to the Cathedral.


Norwich Cathedral!





The organ.

Obviously, I am a little obsessed with this ceiling!  But it's so beautiful, how could one not be?






1 comment: